The Center for Marriage, Family and Life is accepting applications, beginning January 24, 2021 for fiscal year 2021 for the Respect Life Grant. The application deadline is March 24, 2021.
Funding for this grant comes from Respect Life Collection, held at parishes in the Diocese of Richmond. We encourage parishes, schools, campus ministries, and other diocesan entities to apply if you have a qualifying project.
To apply online click on the link below:
Download a sample budget and grant information here:
If you have any questions please contact us directly at email@example.com or call 804-622-5109.
The Diocesan Respect Life Fund is made possible by the annual Respect Life Collection, held at parishes in the Diocese of Richmond since 1975. The Respect Life Fund supports activities that protect and promote the dignity of human life from conception to natural death.
Grants are made each year to Catholic Parishes and Catholic organizations to support Respect Life activities throughout the Diocese. The parish or Catholic organization must be directly involved in the activities or work being supported. All Diocesan Respect Life Funds must be used during the Diocese’s fiscal year for which the grant was approved. Funds do not carry over into the next fiscal year.
Who is eligible for Diocesan Respect Life grants?
Applicants must be Catholic parishes or Catholic organizations within the Diocese of Richmond engaged in Respect Life activities that promote the Church’s teaching of the inviolability of the life and dignity of each individual human person.
What activities are funded with Diocesan Respect Life grants?
While the Church’s teaching on the dignity of human life encompasses a countless number of issues, the Diocese of Richmond Respect Life Grants are generally provided for activities geared towards direct services, education, and advocacy to alleviate or end threats to human life at stages the Church considers life to be most vulnerable.
Activities must be consistent with the moral teachings of the Church. Parishes can redirect funds towards a secondary organization only when there is a direct link between the Parish and the secondary organization, and when the funds are used to support an activity of the Parish that assists the secondary organization.
Use of grant funds may include:
- Services that support people in making life-affirming decisions, i.e., programs on writing an advanced medical directive or funeral planning
- Pregnancy counseling and provision of alternatives to abortion
- Public information and education regarding Respect Life issues
- Advocacy to protect human life at every stage, particularly at its most vulnerable stages
- Liturgical and prayer experiences that fosters a greater awareness about Respect Life issues
- Support for legislative advocacy opportunities (i.e. March for Life)
Funds are not provided for:
- Administrative or overhead costs unrelated to the direct provision of service, education, or advocacy on Respect Life issues
- Personnel costs, including salaries and benefits
- Applications that involve print media or ad campaigns, must include a camera-ready copy of the material.
- Applications to support a speaker event must follow diocesan guidelines for speaker approval and are contingent on receiving speaker approval.
- Applications submitted as a collaborative effort among two or more parishes are encouraged.