Respect Life Contest
The Diocese of Richmond is holding its first pro-life essay and video contest! The theme is “If life were more respected…”
Through this contest, we hope to provide a means by which young people may reflect on their own experiences and express their pro-life beliefs. We also hope to provide an activity that may find to be a useful supplement or complement to classroom instruction, ministry, and home instruction.
There will be three divisions: Middle School (grades 7 and 8), High School (grades 9-12), and College (first year-fourth year). Prize awards are as follows:
|Award Level||Middle School Video Competition||High School
Essay and Video Competition
|College Video Competition|
All submissions should reflect on the theme and explore an issue related to abortion, end of life issues, disabilities, the death penalty, bioethics, or some other area of Respect Life Ministry.
Things to know about the Process
- All submissions are due to the Center for Marriage, Family, and Life by January 15, 2017.
- Essay submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Video submissions should be posted to http://bit.ly/2fDZJjE.
- For a copy of the evaluation rubrics, click here.
- For a list of all the criteria for submission, please download the Contest Overview PDF.
- Video submission will open on December 15, 2016 and remain open until January 15, 2017. Voting will remain open until January 21, 2017.
- To review the videos or make a submission, click here.
- Uploaded videos are subject to disqualification if the content is deemed innappropriate or distasteful by CMFL staff.
Download the Contest Overview PDF
Download the Sample Lesson Plans that Accompany the Contest
Download the Evaluation Rubric PDF