Domestic Violence Awareness Month
October, in addition to being Respect Life Month, is also Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
We have compiled a list of great resources for people to use in order to educate themselves and others about this important issue.
- Main USCCB page on domestic violence:
- Click here for a full statement “When I Call forHelp” plus a Powerpoint that can be used for presentations and advice for priests re: homilies and the Sacrament of Penance
- To order copies of “When I Call for Help” or the companion resource card (in English and Spanish), go to the USCCB Online Store and search for “domestic violence”
- Shareable articles on For Your Marriage
- Prayer for healing (victims of abuse)
- Catholics for Family Peace